Speaker: Midwife Malene Hegenberger
Malene is the inventor of the Hegenberger Speculum and will present her tips on how to improve working conditions for perineal repair.
She has worked for 18 years as a midwife in Denmark, Norway, England, the US, and the Caribbean.
This free online workshop is specially designed for midwifery students, clinical instructors, and academic staff in birth units.
Sign up for:
In her presentation, Malene will touch upon:
- Ergonomics and suggestions from occupational therapists
- We will show different birthing beds and how to use them best
- Birth at home or in a low-risk clinic. Then what? Tips and tricks
- Insight from a nurse working in the operation theater
Tips and tricks for positioning the woman comfortably
- The bottom should be placed right at the edge of the bed
- The knees should direct outwards and upwards
- The bag and spin should be horizontal
- If possible, use the Trendelenburg position with pelvic tilted upwards
Dam Kærgaard from Denmark is kindly sponsoring the Danish webinars on 9 December 2020.
Wavecare from Denmark is kindly sponsoring the Danish and Swedish webinars on 9 and 10 December 2020.
Wing Plast from Sweden is kindly sponsoring this webinar at 10 AM and 12 PM December 2020