Diagnosis of birth lacerations: 2 hours online workshop
Meet our GynZone Live Expert: Midwife Peggy Seehafer. Peggy has 30 years of experience in suturing and evaluating healing in the perineum after vaginal births.
This is an exclusive event reserved for GynZone’s customers.
The online course itself consists of 2 hours of intensive case-based learning, plus 2 hours of preparation for the participants.
Preparation includes 2 hours of e-learning and online quiz before the workshop.
Therefore, it is assumed that you have access to GynZone’s online learning portal through study or workplace.
The presentation will consist of medical illustrations, photos and clinical video
- Classification grade 1-4 according to international guidelines
- Pelvic floor anatomy: vaginal mucosa, perineal muscles and connective tissue
- Diagnosis explained with illustrations, photos and video: Tears of 1st – 4th grade and episiotomy
- Good working conditions when you inspect after the birth
- Optimal placement of the woman and the newborn child during diagnosis and suturing
- GynZones OSATS: a checklist for performing diagnostics correctly
Link to online video library and Quiz with course certificate at GynZone on this topic: https://my.gynzone.com/courses/64-diagnostics
Upcoming webinars: The history of the episiotomy and current research
In Germany, home visits by midwives are offered up to 10 times after the birth.
Peggy Seehafer’s presentation includes:
- The history of the episiotomy: why was the procedure invented?
- WHO guidelines for good practice: max 10% episiotomies
- Angle of the incision: 45 or 60 degrees?
- Starting point for the incision: mediolateral or lateral?
- Instruments on the market and new inventions in England and the Netherlands
- Healing after an episiotomy: what does the woman feel?
- Long-term perspective on women’s abdomen: follow-up 30 years after birth
Link to online learning at GynZone:
Episiotomy, background, indications and procedure: https://my.gynzone.com/courses/77-episiotomy
Episiotomy repair https://my.gynzone.com/courses/10-episiotomy
Can’t make it to the live session? Log in to My GynZone and watch the latest recorded session 🙂
This webinar is kindly sponsored by:
- Vulva Enterprise
- Fjordblink Medical