Meet our GynZone Live Expert: Midwife PhD Ditte Gommesen
Vaginal Birth and Perineal Trauma: Risk for incontinence 12 months after birth
Ditte Gommesen is an expert within research in relation to healing after perineal trauma.
In 2019 she wrote a PhD. She has conducted a series of cohort studies investigating the function of the pelvic floor during pregnancy and after vaginal birth in a large group of primiparous women.
Watch the English webinar recording here
Watch the Danish webinar recording here
This presentation contains topics such as:
- The female pelvic floor, normal function, and anatomy
- How do we measure the function of the pelvic floor?
- Does a 2nd-degree perineal trauma affect continence after birth?
- Does a 3rd-degree perineal trauma affect continence after birth?
- Does a 4th-degree perineal trauma affect continence after birth?
- Does an episiotomy affect continence after birth?