Speaker: Midwife Malene Hegenberger
Malene is the inventor of the Hegenberger Speculum and will present her tips on how to improve working conditions for perineal repair.
She has worked for 18 years as a midwife in Denmark, Norway, England, the US, and the Caribbean.
This free online workshop is specially designed for midwifery students, clinical instructors, and academic staff in birth units.
Sign up here for webinar on September 14th, 2021
Danish presentation, 15.00 PM Central European Summer Time
English presentation, 17.00 PM Central European Summer Time
In her presentation, Malene will touch upon:
- Ergonomics and suggestions from occupational therapists
- We will show different birthing beds and how to use them best
- Birth at home or in a low-risk clinic. Then what? Tips and tricks
- Insight from a nurse working in the operation theater
Tips and tricks for positioning the woman comfortably
- The bottom should be placed right at the edge of the bed
- The knees should direct outwards and upwards
- The bag and spin should be horizontal
- If possible, use the Trendelenburg position with pelvis tilted upwards
Can’t make it to the live session? Log in to My GynZone and watch the latest recorded session 🙂
This webinar is kindly sponsored by:
- Vulva Enterprise
- Fjordblink Medical