Upcoming webinars: The history of the episiotomy and current research
In Germany, home visits by midwives are offered up to 10 times after the birth.
Peggy Seehafer’s presentation includes
- The history of the episiotomy: why was the procedure invented?
- WHO guidelines for good practice: max 10% episiotomies
- Angle of the incision: 45 or 60 degrees?
- Starting point for the incision: mediolateral or lateral?
- Instruments on the market and new inventions in England and the Netherlands
- Healing after an episiotomy: what does the woman feel?
- Long-term perspective on women’s abdomen: follow-up 30 years after birth
Link to online learning at GynZone
Can’t make it to the live session? Log in to My GynZone and watch the latest recorded session 🙂