Meet our GynZone Live Expert: Midwife PhD Sara Kindberg
Sara Kindberg works as perineal care specialist at Aarhus University Hospital in Denmark.
Research areas are perineal repair, pain relief, and prevention of perineal trauma.
Webinar topic: Early secondary perineal repair within the first weeks postpartum.
Experiences from a midwifery-led pelvic floor clinic at Aarhus University Hospital in Denmark.
95% of all first-time mothers require surgical repair of trauma to the vulva, vagina, perineal tissue, or muscles in the pelvic floor.
All women giving birth at Aarhus University Hospital have an offer of postnatal screening of the outcome of their perineal repair.
This screening is carried out during a routine visit 2-3 days after birth along with a neonatal hearing test and breastfeeding support.
Sara Kindberg will present:
- This is how we see that the primary diagnosis and repair was sufficient
- Watch photos showing infections and suture break down
- Experience on how to give feedback to midwives and doctors about their suturing skills
- Mothers and fathers: what do they think about screening for surgical outcomes / checking the stitches?
- Offering early secondary repair, 300 cases since 2013
Can’t make it to the live session? Log in to My GynZone and watch the latest recorded session 🙂
This webinar is kindly sponsored by:
- Vulva Enterprise
- Fjordblink Medical