Meet our GynZone Live Expert: Midwife PhD Sara Kindberg
Early secondary perineal repair within the first weeks postpartum.
Experiences from a midwifery-led pelvic floor clinic at Aarhus University Hospital in Denmark.
December 2nd, 2020
Exclusive online webinar, allowing a limited number of attendees.
Seats are reserved for GynZone members with a license to e-learning at www.gynzone.com
Attend this 30 minutes presentation and join the discussion for another 30 minutes.
95% of all first-time mothers require surgical repair of trauma to the vulva, vagina, perineal tissue, or muscles in the pelvic floor.
All women giving birth at Aarhus University Hospital have an offer of postnatal screening of the outcome of their perineal repair.
This screening is carried out during a routine visit 2-3 days after birth along with a neonatal hearing test and breastfeeding support.
Sara Kindberg will present:
- This is how we see that the primary diagnosis and repair was sufficient
- Watch photos showing infections and suture break down
- Experience on how to give feedback to midwives and doctors about their suturing skills
- Mothers and fathers: what do they think about screening for surgical outcomes / checking the stitches?
- Offering early secondary repair, 300 cases since 2013