Suturing is a clinical skill, and it takes time and deliberate practice to learn and master. Instrument handling and knot-tying techniques should be perfected while training with medical models. Patients are for treatment – not for practice.
In the courses on Surgical Skills, we cover all the basics of wound closure and show you how to train at home in a safe, dry environment.
- Safe surgery principles
- Suture material – get the right suture for the right tissue
- Square knots and surgical knots
- Self-locking knots
- Interrupted stitches course
- Double U-suture
- Buried stitches
- Vertical mattress suture
- Horizontal mattress suture
- Traction suture
- Continuous suture, visible and invisible stitches
Plus off course: wound healing, instrument handling, and a lots of clinical tips and tricks for your practice.